Looking to move?

If you want to move house, there are a number of other options available, whether you want to continue to rent or would like to get into home ownership.

Transfer to another Larkfield property

When a property becomes available, we either advertise the property through Inverclyde Common Housing Register or ask the local authority to nominate applicants.

Inverclyde Common Housing Register is a choice based letting scheme which allows users to filter homes by area, or their specific needs.

Mutual exchanges

You may also want to consider a mutual exchange - this is sometimes a quicker option than a transfer or applying to another landlord. A mutual exchange is where you swap homes with another tenant who has a tenancy with either Larkfield, another housing association or a local authority.

You can search for homes and advertise your property on Homeswapper or House Exchange.  These services allow you to add your property and search for properties meeting your needs, not just in your local area but nationwide.

All you need to do is to enter your property details (including a picture if you can) and the location and type of accommodation you are looking for. Once registered, your home is matched with those of other tenants looking to move. 

Please note that only tenants with clear rent accounts are eligible to use Homeswapper or House Exchange.

Move to another social landlord

We can also help you find other social landlords in the areas you are interested in and can help with application forms if required.  You should also be able to get information on applying for social housing (and also about private letting) on the Inverclyde Council website.

Discuss your options

If you need to move home and want to discuss the options available to you, please contact us as we can offer help and advice to find the best option for you.

Stay Connected