Factored Owners Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice will illustrate how your personal data and, if applicable, special categories of personal data will be used by Larkfield Housing Association. It will provide you with information about your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 and how to action these rights.
- What information do we collect
To allow us to manage the common areas of land (as detailed above) and provide the service you would expect from us, we process the following information about you:
- title and full name
- address of property and correspondence address if required
- telephone number
- e-mail address
- owner reference number
- Your banking details if you pay by Direct Debit
- Details of support needs, if you are a vulnerable customer
- Details of your contacts with us
- Information we have obtained from third parties
- Why we need this information
We need your information and will use your information:
- to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with our continued authority to act as your factor in relation to the maintenance of common areas within the Larkfield estate and as set out within Clause Nine of your Deed of Conditions
- to manage the grounds maintenance contract, including but limited to, responding to emergency and routine repairs, monitoring landscape maintenance contracts on your behalf, pre and post inspection of works, apportioning costs, issuing of annual bills and maintaining owner accounts including the recovery of debt
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested or expect from us
- to improve our understanding of our customers and their needs
- to monitor and keep records of our communications with you and our staff
- to administer, support and improve the operating of our business and the services we offer
- to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to our services which may affect you
- keeping our records up to date and accurate
- to contact you for your views on our services.
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations, business and regulatory requirements
- Where we store your data
Your data is stored electronically on a variety of secure IT systems, databases and filing systems on computers and other devices which are password protected and encrypted. Paper files are stored in locked cabinets within the Larkfield office.
- How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
We will generally keep your information for the following minimum periods after which this will be destroyed if it is no longer required for the reasons it was obtained. Following the sale of your property where money is owed on the account the information relating to this will be held for a period not exceeding 5 years after the sale has been concluded.
Duration of ownership of property
Duration of ownership and following the sale of property until balance cleared, not exceeding 5 years.
Duration of ownership of property
Annual invoices/ supporting documents
Owners Details Form
The basic history of who held ownership at which property and when will be retained indefinitely.
Our full retention schedule is available here
Our full retention schedule is available at www.larkfieldha.org.uk/privacy.
- What is the legal justification
We rely on the following legal basis to use your personal data:
- Where it is needed to undertake and perform our legal obligations and duties to you in accordance with our continued authority to act as your factor in relation to the maintenance of common areas within the Larkfield estate and as set out within Clause Nine of your Deed of Conditions and to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested or expect from
- Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so in terms of providing land management services for the maintenance of common areas of land within the Larkfield estate, managing and relating to that such as updating your records and tracing your whereabouts for the recovery of
- To follow guidance and recommended best practice of government and regulatory
- For a public interest such as for some of our processing of your special categories of personal data such as about your health, if you are a vulnerable customer.
- Sharing your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential.
We may disclose your information to third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
- repairs and maintenance contractors
- housing management system providers
- survey contractors
- legal representatives and sheriff officers
- local elected Councillors', MPs and MSPs
- Police Scotland & Courts
- Receiving data about you
We may receive the following information from third parties:
- Payments made by you to us
- Communications including information obtained from Police Scotland, the courts, legal representatives and sheriff
- Communications, on your behalf, from local elected Councillors, MPs and
- Updating your information
If your details change, please contact a member of the Larkfield team on 01475 630930 to inform us to ensure that all of the information we hold about you is up to date.
This privacy notice was last reviewed March 2022